Assume you had a script that started as follows:
#!/usr/bin/python import requests from requests.auth import HTTPBasicAuth
If you have a bare bones Python install on Windows and you attempt to run this script, you will run into the following error:
ImportError: No module named requests
What do need to do is install the Python module called “requests”. To this do, please follow these steps, assuming you have Python 2.7:
1. Download the Python request module, requests-2.7.0.tar.gz (md5).
2. Use a 7zip or similar to fully extract the package to request-2.7.0.
If you are using Windows recommended downloads location, the extracted package will be in
3. Launch a command prompt and navigate to c:\python27\scripts.
4. Type the following command at the prompt:
pip install C:\Users\[username]\Downloads\requests-2.7.0.tar\dist\requests-2.7.0\requests-2.7.0
If successful, you should see the following messages at the command prompt:
Installing collected packages: requests
Running setup.py install for requests
Successfully installed requests-2.7.0
5. Now, if you run your original Python script, it should no longer complain about not being able to import the request module.